Beliefs, Mission, & Purpose
What we Teach
We teach that God's Word, the Bible, is inspired by God and is worthy of our attention and allegiance. Because of our strong faith in the Bible, we draw our vision from it - and we aim to help people apply it to their lives. Here is a summary of our beliefs:
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the Universe.
- Jesus Christ, God's Son, should be honored as Savior and Lord.
- Jesus died on the Cross as the final payment for all sins, and then rose from the dead - paving the way for people to have a personal relationship with God.
- All of us are sinful (we've broken God's commands and missed His purpose for our lives), which is why we need Jesus to save us. Without Him, we face judgment.
- Our salvation is not a matter of effort, but of God's grace. We are saved when we turn away from our old lives and put our faith in Jesus. Jesus invites everyone to follow Him.
- Every believer has been called to obey God - which is why at BCBC we aim not just to talk about the Bible, but to really live it.
- We meet regularly as a church family to celebrate our faith, hold each other up, worship God together, and pursue God's mission together.
- As a church family, we take the Great Commission of Jesus very seriously. For us, it is our mission to help one another follow Jesus, and fulfill His mission of sharing good news with everyone, everywhere.
Our Purpose & Mission
We often speak of the "GCGC at BCBC" - that is, the Great Commandments and the Great Commission. For us, the purpose of our lives (and our church) is found in the Great Commandments (love God, love others) and the mission of our lives is in the Great Commission (make disciples and share with people how to follow Jesus, all around the world).
At BCBC, we're not just out to accomplish churchwide goals - we are here to help encourage and empower YOUR mission in Christ. We believe God has made every person for a special purpose, and that you have gifts and abilities from the Lord to share and bless others with. We'd love to help you find a place to live that out!